Welcome to the Church Family
We welcome the following new members to the First Melissa family:
Ryan and Meredith Tillett
Jason and Rebecca Jenkins
Andrew and Sadie Shelton
Zach and Liliana Hightower
Whether you are wanting to strengthen your testimony, enrich your relationships or increase your biblical knowledge, the classes offered at FM University have been selected to meet you where you are and help you grow as a disciple of Jesus. Class information and registration will be available NEXT Sunday, August 19. Classes will begin Wednesday, September 5, at 6:30 pm.
HOPE Cancer Support Ministry
Is your family or loved one encountering difficulties due to illness? Or, perhaps you feel led to serve others who are facing these stressful, traumatic times due to sickness? If so, you will want to join others at the August meeting of HOPE Cancer Support. It will be held Thursday evening, August 30, from 7 to 8 pm in Room A201. For more information, please contact Jonnie Davis at email@example.com or 214-578-3324.
Men’s Ministry Serving Others
Men, there is an exciting opportunity to serve coming up on Saturday, September 1! FM Men’s Ministry will meet for a breakfast at 7 am in The Café for a time of prayer and fellowship. They will then proceed to various duties from handy-man to honey-do’s as they serve in the IMPACT WIDOWS ministry. Please reach out to Dan Goddard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972-984-8959 for more information.
• Men’s Huddles return NEXT week, on Mondays or Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 pm.
• Hope Cancer Support Meeting, NEXT Thursday, August 23.
• MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) begins Thursday, September 6.
• Men’s Ministry Breakfast and IMPACT project, Saturday, September 8.
• Bless My Church Offering, Sunday, September 9.
• Discover Membership Lunch, Sunday, September 9, 11:30 am.