Registration is now open for Upward Basketball and Cheerleading for K-6th kids! Registration Deadline: November 20 - we will never turn away kids from experiencing a discovery of Jesus through sports but you must be registered by this date in order to receive your uniform for the first game.
Evaluation Date: November 13 any time/any age group from 9am-12pm. Make up evaluation date is November 15th from 6:30pm-8:00pm. Everyone must attend one evaluation that will take place at First Melissa.
First Practice: Week of December 20
First Game: Saturday, January 1
In Upward Basketball or Cheerleading, you and your friends:
- Have 1 practice and 1 game each week
- Get equal play time every game
- Will learn new drills to improve your basketball/cheerleading skills
- Will receive special recognition awards every game
Frequently Asked Questions about Upward:
- What is the mission of Upward? Upward sports primary mission is to promote the discovery of Jesus through sports
- Where will the Upward events be located? Practices and Games will be here in Melissa at First Melissa
- When are Upward practices? Practices will be on one of two nights; either Mondays or Thursdays , between the time windows of 5:30pm-8:00pm, depending on age group
- When are Upward games? Games will be played on Saturday, starting on the first Saturday of the new year. Games will be played between the time window of 9:00am-12:00pm depending on age group as well.
- What does the registration fee cover? Registration fee covers jerseys, you can request a teammate during registration as well as request a practice night.
- When are evaluations? Evaluations will be held on November 13th to allow us to best assign teams. Evaluations for cheerleading would not be necessary but are still welcomed to join.
- Who can participate in Upward:Upward is co-Ed and welcomes all skill levels
We love to have volunteers for Upward – to teach kids about sportsmanship, friendship, and being like Jesus! Click below to sign up for the Upward Volunteer Team!
COACHES (head and assistants) are needed for all grades. Please let us know your interest when you register, or contact us for an application. One training session is required. We currently have a coaches meeting scheduled for November 29th from 6:30-7:30pm.